Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 450g chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into large strips
- 300ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 100g onions, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger, chopped
- 1 green chilli, kept whole but slit lengthways
- 3 tbsp Patak's Korma Paste
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the sliced onions, curry leaves, ginger, mustard seeds and slit green chilli. Fry for two minutes.
- Add the Patak's Korma Paste and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle in some water if the mixture begins to stick.
- Add the chicken, reduce the heat and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and check the seasoning.
- If the sauce is too thin it may be thickened by adding a little cornflour dissolved in water.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with plain rice.