Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 2 hrs 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 180g onions, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 130g canned chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Patak's Tikka Masala Paste
- 50g fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 60ml cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 400ml water
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- ½ tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Total Greek yogurt
- Trim the chicken breasts and slice horizontally half way through, taking care to retain the shape.
- Make a marinade using 2 tbsp Patak's Tikka Masala Paste and the Greek yogurt and mix well with the chicken. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and when they begin to crackle add the chopped onions and fry until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for another minute. Add the remaining 2 tbps Patak's Tikka Masala Paste and continue to fry for 2 - 3 minutes, adding a little water if the mixture begins to stick to the base of the pan.
- Add the canned and fresh tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and water and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Sprinkle in the crushed black pepper, lemon juice and fresh coriander, mix well and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Add the baby spinach leaves and cook for 1 minute until wilted.
- Pan-fry the chicken breast pieces for 3 - 4 minutes, or until cooked through (depending on thickness), on each side and serve hot with the spinach and tikka masala sauce.