Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 15 mins`
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 575g haddock, cod or other thick fish fillets
- 1 small onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, very thinly sliced
- 2 carrots cut into very thin matchstick pieces
- 2 tbsp Patak's Biryani Paste
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 75ml dry white wine
- Cut the fish into 4 pieces. Fold 4 x 70 cm / 28 inch lengths of aluminium foil in half, making a double thickness. Place 1 piece of fish on top of each. Top with onion, squash and carrots.
- Combine Patak's Biryani Paste, butter and wine in a small saucepan; heat to melt the butter. Pour the mixture evenly over the 4 fish parcels, coating the vegetables and fish.
- Fold the foil, using tight double folds leaving room for expansion.
- Grill, folded side down, over low coals for 5 minutes. Turn the packets over and grill for a further 5 minutes. Once cooked the fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with rice or chapattis.