Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 2 whole red chillies
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 200g onions, chopped
- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp Patak's Vindaloo Paste
- 150g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 150g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 50ml coconut milk
- 250ml water
- Marinate the tuna steaks with 1½ tbsp Patak's Vindaloo Paste, cover and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin and mustard seeds, when they crackle stir in the sliced onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add the remaining Patak's Vindaloo Paste and fry for 2 - 3 minutes, add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stir in the water, bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and fresh coriander. Adjust the seasoning and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sear the tuna steaks for 2 - 4 minutes on each side and serve hot with the Goan Vindaloo sauce and pilau rice.